26 septembre 2023, 16h30
29 septembre 2023, 17h30
The 18th Unified International Technical Conference on Refractories (UNITECR), hosted by the German Refractory Association in Frankfurt, is taking place between the 26th and 29th September 2023. Find out more via the trailer.
The conference is oriented around the routes to carbon neutrality for high temperature industries, which is emphasised with the moto “The Carbon Challenge: Steps and leaps to master the future”.
The key topics covered by the conference will be; Green hydrogen-based steel making, Modified and new refractory lining concepts, Modern tools such as big data analysis, machine learning, and the development of suitable models and Circular economy.
Nine of the CESAREF doctoral candidates are participating in the UNITECR conference and are looking forward to in-depth discussions about the potential impact of their research on the carbon challenge. You can find out more about how our CESAREF doctoral candidates are contributing to the 2050 carbon neutrality target via the two oral presentations:
- João Victor MENEZES CUNHA: Overview on LCA: Challenges and opportunities for the refractory industry; Session “LCA of refractories / hydrogen”
- Andrea SALERNO: Insights on numerical models to predict potential recyclability of spent refractories from steel making industry; Session “Raw materials – Binders II / Secondary Materials”
and the 7 poster presentations:
- P 40, Md JUBAYED: The choice of magnesia-carbon refractories for steel ladle lining: a life cycle perspective
- P 44, Mathilda DERENSY: Use of metallurgical residues as potential raw materials for high performance refractory castables
- P 50, Cristian Daniel BOHORQUEZ-MORENO: Characterization of refractories with regard to the application in H2-containing atmospheres
- P 52, Victor RUELA: Advanced analytics applied to improve the energy efficiency of steel ladle logistics
- P 53, Amit Kumar GOPE: Prediction of performance and assessment of reusability and recycling of refractory materials using non-destructive online evaluation and machine learning algorithms
- P 72, Kwasi Addo BOATENG: Microstructure Design of a more Sustainable Alumina-spinel Refractory Castable
- P 74, Harikeshava RANGANATHAN: Discrete Element Method (DEM) to support microstructure design of refractories
Good luck to Victor, Hari, Cristian, Md JUBAYED and Kwasi who will also be competing in the poster slam.